Policies & Procedures
Please read carefully our policies and procedures at Cape Cod Pediatrics.
- You can communicate with your doctor by sending non-urgent messages through the patient portal.
- Please call the office to register for Patient Portal.
- For your convenience, we will send test results to you via the portal.
- In addition, our skilled nursing staff is responsible for helping you with your concerns over the phone.
- Please feel free to call us with your health question/concerns.
- We want to see your child for Well Child visits within the first week of life, 1 month, 2 months, 4 months, 6 months, 9 months, 12 months, 15 months, 18 months, 2 years, 2.5 years, 3 years, and annually thereafter.
- Please allow one hour for a Well Child visit.
- We recommend you schedule your next appointment prior to leaving the office.
- Please check with your insurance company to confirm the extent of your well child coverage.
- The amount of time allotted for a "sick" appointment is based on the information you provide our telephone nurses when you call for the appointment.
- Additionally, a Well Child visit does not allow enough time to address new or complicated medical issues. If additional problems need attention, your provider will recommend that a future appointment be scheduled to address your concerns. This allows us to give you the time you deserve as well as to try to address long wait times.
- We will make every attempt to contact you to remind you of your child's appointment. However, our confirmation call is a courtesy to you; we encourage you to record the scheduled information on your calendar.
- Please refer to our cancellation and billing policies below regarding "no show" fees.
- We will contact you if the office needs to close early.
- We are open for well child visits, sick visits, med checks, and follow-ups:
Monday - Thursday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Walk-In Clinic is open for sick visits only to established patients:
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 9:00 am
Monday - Thursday
5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- We share On Call with Bramblebush Pediatrics and Falmouth Pediatrics. This includes after hours, weekends and holidays.
- Please call our office, and you will be directed to the pediatrician on call.
- True emergencies, such as severe respiratory distress, seizures and major trauma should be seen in the Emergency Department of your local hospital.
- We prefer to see patients in our office whenever possible. We handle minor trauma in our office.
- If you think your child has a non-acute problem, please contact us first.
- To request a refill, you may call our office during normal practice hours.
- Non urgent prescription refills can be requested through the patient portal.
- Please allow 48 hours to process any non-urgent requests.
- Please keep in mind that not all refills can be called in.
- If your child requires medications for long-term maintenance of conditions (ex. asthma or behavioral medications), a follow-up office visit may be required prior to the prescription being renewed.
- If you need medical records released to an outside agency we require a "Transfer of Medical Records Form".
- If you are transferring into or out of our office, please complete a "Transfer of Medical Records" found on our "Forms" page.
- There is a $10 charge for the copying of medical records when transferring out of our practice. We will give you a copy of your child's well visit at the time of the visit. You may request a copy of any other visits.
- You also have access to this information on your PATIENT PORTAL, with the exception of the school/camp form.
- Please allow 1 week for the completion of any forms (i.e. Pop Warner, camps, college, etc).
- Please provide us with a self-addressed stamped envelope.
- Your medical records privacy is very important to us. There are HIPAA rules that guide how we manage your records.
- Appointments must be cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the appointment time.
- lf there are extenuating circumstances regarding your cancellation, please let us know so that we can handle your cancellation accordingly. We, as an office, prepare for your child's visit. By not cancelling a scheduled appointment in advance, our physician's ability to provide services to other patients is limited.
- See missed appointment fees below.
- If a Well Child, COPE, or Behavioral Assessment is canceled with less than 24 hours notice there is a $25 fee.
- For evening Well Child care visit there is a $50 fee.
- Excessive abuse of scheduled appointments may result in discharge from the practice.
- All co-pays required by your insurance carrier must be paid in full at the time of service.
- We accept cash, personal checks, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.
- There is a $15 service charge for all returned checks.
- The parent/legal guardian bringing the child(ren) in for visits will be responsible for the co-pay.
- We are not able to be involved in billing disputes in cases involving divorce or separation, and will not split bills among family members.
- It is the obligation of the parent, not our office, to supply copies of medical bills and collect and/or coordinate payments that are due.
- Outstanding balances to include deductibles are due upon receipt of your 1st statement.
- Patients with outstanding balance over 60 days must make arrangements for payment prior to scheduling appointments.
- Monthly payment plans are available.
- We will bill participating insurance companies as a courtesy to you. If you receive a bill, it is because we believe we have collected everything we can from your insurance and the balance is your responsibility.
- If you receive a bill and expect that your insurance company should have paid it, please call your insurance company directly.
- If you are ineligible for insurance, payment in full is expected at the time services are rendered unless a payment plan agreement is established prior to the visit.
- If a balance remains on your account for 90 days or more, and we have not received payment and have not heard from you, your physician will be notified. A decision will be made whether to send your account to a collection agency for further action.
- We reserve the right to terminate your child(ren) from our practice.
- If you require monthly payments to resolve an unpaid balance, please complete and return the Payment Plan Agreement Form to our billing office.
- Payment Plan Agreement Form
- If you would like your child to become a patient of Cape Cod Pediatrics, you need to be aware that your child will be expected to participate in a full vaccination schedule.
- We no longer accept children into our practice if their parents choose not to have them vaccinated with state mandated vaccines.
- Please visit the following link for more information:
American Academy of Pediatrics Immunization Information
* New patients must sign our immunization agreement found under the Forms and New Patient Tab.